Saturday, September 27, 2008

Bedrest

I've put myself on bedrest for the weekend. I've had a few more terrible nights of back pain, nausea and no sleep. I thought if I stay still during the day and don't move around too much that it might help me sleep at night. We'll see. My doctor said I'm making progress towards labor--2cm dilated on Friday, and I've started having contractions, and I have a few other tell tale signs that labor is most likely approaching soon. I'll be so happy if the little bundle decides to come a few days early! My uncle painted the painting you see above. It's at my mom's house. I love it. I think it's a copy of something, but I'm not sure what. Last night I thought of it when I was struggling to get comfortable. I turned on the ambient sounds on my iPhone to try to help me sleep. There's a birds option, but I chose crickets last night. I laid there thinking of this painting. I also tried to remind myself to be grateful--grateful for the baby to come, for the 6 pillows I have to help me get comfortable (I love pillows and they make such a big difference to my pregnant belly!), for the fact that I don't have to work right now, and for the husband who will rub my back and bring me anything (he even put the baby monitor next to me so I could ask for things from the baby room, where I've been staying, so that I don't have to get up). I thought about so many pregnant women, especially single moms to be, who may not have these things. I finally fell asleep at about 7AM today.

No comments:

Post a Comment