Thursday, August 20, 2009

Spitalfield's Thursday Market

Tiddlywinks. Sounds like a very cute British name for a game don't you think? I saw it today at the Thursday antique market at Spitalfields. It was a fairly small market showcasing a lot of the usual suspects: vintage clothes, toys and games, lace and buttons and fabric, cameras and phones, kitchenware, small rickety furniture, and one of my flea favorites--sort of a flea market icon to me--naked dolls and doll parts. It was a little pricey to me, but hey, it's London.





I had a great time at the market and plan to go back to the area and venture into a lot of other nearby shops like Blondie, Retro Trading Co., Labour and Wait, and Caravan, just to name a few. Ah, so many great places on my list! Those will have to wait a few days, though. I think we might have a market filled weekend, which will be just as fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment