Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Before and After

We have this unusual piece of furniture that I bought at The Pickled Hutch that we used to use as a bar. I'm not sure what it was originally built for, but it looks handmade, and I love it. It made a great bar (and I think it would make a good desk too), but I couldn't find a home for it in our new place, so I decided to make it an outdoor bar / potting table. I sanded it a bit, gave it a few coats of creamy ivory paint, and now it's our garden bar! Ready for some cute potted plants and lemonade or wine for guests. I want to have some potted plants on the side shelves, and maybe glasses on some of them, and then use the top as the bar. I think it turned out pretty well! Now we just have to get a nice table and and some chairs for the garden so we can sit and sip. You ready to join me on the patio?

No comments:

Post a Comment