Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Kempton Park Antique Market

It was hard to leave Painswick, but I had a lot more to look forward to so I tried to focus on that as the train rolled away from the green hills. I was especially looking forward to the Kempton Park market that Artemis told me about. She said it was a little bit outside the city, but it was totally worth the trip. I'm not sure I'd go again alone with Lois, though--too many trains, and too many stairs, but I'm so glad I went. It was a beautiful day, and it was a great flea market! It's held twice a month in the parking lot of the Kempton Racecourse, which is huge (and a lot of dealers set up indoors as well). Although there was a mix of all kinds of things, this wasn't a junky-junk kind of flea market. I saw a lot of beautiful silver, vintage fabric, monogrammed linens, leather suitcases and bags, vintage clothes, jewelry, and adorable vintage toys just to name a few things. I thought the prices were reasonable for the things I asked about, and everyone was so nice. Every time I asked someone if I could take a picture, they seemed flattered and said yes. Here's a little bit of what I saw.








No comments:

Post a Comment